Happy New Year!!! I’m very excited about starting a new year!! There will be a new look on the blog, a little new year spruce up… And a new theme for the year. Last year’s theme was “Blessings” as in, count them… This year, hmmm…. I had settled on “Grace” I was pretty sure that was going to be the theme… But now I’m thinking more on an “Embrace the Everyday” kind of theme… I really would like to focus on stopping the running race that I feel like we’re constantly running, and taking time to realize just how lucky we really are. Nothing is “perfect” but we can stop to find the good in every day. Which may kinda tie in to my original “Grace” idea.
And, adding a new feature… 10 on Tuesday… Not original, I know… but I like the idea. So, (hopefully) every Tuesday, I’ll be posting a list of 10 things… sometimes random, sometimes themed. Today’s 10 on Tuesday is themed… My 10 resolutions for the new year… Here we go!
1. What would a new year’s resolution list be without “I want to lose weight”? but it’s 20lbs that I would LOVE to see go… I joined Weight Watchers online just before the holidays, and now that the holidays are over, it’s time to dig in and do something!
2. Clutter… I need to purge it. I started about mid-year, and it’s going pretty well. I don’t mind getting rid of things, but it’s finding the time to really go through things that is the hardest part… So, this year I’m going to really clean out those kitchen “junk” drawers and find real homes for the objects, and if I don’t NEED or LOVE them, they go…
3. Daily Audio Bible. Just like it sounds, it’s a podcast (or app) that reads the bible through in a year. I love Brian, who reads it… and I made it through til July last year before I got sidetracked and then got too far behind to “catch up…” this year, I’m going to make it through all year, and not worry so much about catching up…
4. House… Kinda goes with the clutter, but I’d love for the downstairs to be “drop in” ready… If someone stops by, the house doesn’t look like a bomb went off, and I don’t have to be heinously embarassed… So, downstairs should look decent…
5. Church. Another from last year… I just want to continue… I made it last year, I went to church most weekends, only a few did I miss, and they were because we were away, or I was sick… So, pretty good last year, I just want to continue this year!
6. Blog… Another from last year… Again, I made it through the summer then slowed down… Hoping to post at least once a week this year.
7. Cooking… Yes, I’m cooking challenged… I used to be a pretty good cook, before life got so crazy busy with the kids and the husband… So, now that we’re not eating in the TV room anymore and we’re eating at the big kids’ table :) , I’m going to cook more. Maybe with practice it’ll be better!
8. Craftiness… I made a lot of projects last year because I had to… They were assignments, well, this year, I’m hoping to make more crafty projects just ’cause I’m feeling crafty and inspired.
9. (Craftiness part 2 ) This year I’m going to actually FINISH some of those projects I got started on, but then didn’t finish, like those quilt tops and other half finished fun projects!
10. Fiber… My OCD craft of choice at the moment is knitting :) I don’t go anywhere without my needles and at least 2 different projects… Having fun with fiber is going well… My Gram would have loved some of the Christmas knits I made… Hoping to finish a few more projects (and remember to post them here!!).
Well… There it is :) Happy New Year!!!